Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Half Broke Horses




Enjoying the first Slow Readers Book Club selection so far. One of the forum's topics is favourite quotes. Jeannette Walls writing creates such vivid pictures for me. I love this quote from page 6(remember that it's slow reading) of Half Broke Horses:


When you looked out across the land, most everything you could see---the horizon, the river, the fence lines, the gullies, the scrub cedar---was spread out and flat, and the people, cattle, horses, lizards, and water all moved slowly, conserving themselves.


This could have to do with the fact that I'm dreaming of summer and all the amazing fresh veggies and fruit. So far I'm 5 green smoothies for 5 days. Yay! This is a good habit to create. Working on putting together a shopping list for my raw/healthy food detox. One thing I know for sure is that I have to make sure I stock up and have options so that there's always something to make and I don't feel hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment